Xikar Travel Humidifier Review
Are you thinking of buying this travel humidifier? Then read this review below.
Xikar Travel Humidor
This is a review of the Xikar Travel Humidor. Make sure you read the full review before you buy.
My foot slipped on the wet surface. A loud snap occurred as I fell on the road. I got up, reached my right hand into my pocket, and took out a broken cigar. It was my last one.
Having no cash left, I stared at my shadow below me and asked: was there a way for me to keep enough cigars in a safe place to last me the rest of this trip? Could there be a solution that was worth my money?
Through a long thought process, I reached an answer. I walked two blocks and stopped at an intersection. In front of me was a sign that said: House of Cigars. When the light turned green, I crossed the road and entered the building.
I wandered through the aisles and looked at the humidor display to see what was available. I compared the prices and felt each product in my hands to assess its quality. After considering all options I made the decision to buy the XIKAR Humidor that stored 10 cigars.
I grabbed the humidor and set it on the counter where a shop clerk stood motionlessly. He rang up the item and gazed at the screen.
“$25.99”, he said.
I paid with my card and left the store with a smile. For the last 5 years, I have used the same XIKAR Travel Humidor while traveling to keep my cigars from being crushed.
The XIKAR Travel Humidor is manufactured by XIKAR INC in Weston, Florida, which was founded by inventor Kurt Van Keppel and designer Scott Almsberger in 1996. This corporation carries the motto that humidors are: “The best thing to happen to cigars since fire.”
The humidor is a travel cigar case, which is made out of ABS plastic molded onto a black surface. A sturdy lock ring with a locking clasp keeps the stainless steel hinges secure. The 10 cigar holder only weighs 15.2 ounces and measures 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.3 inches.
It is recommended to recharge the humidification unit when the temperature changes or it is stored for an extended period of time. Inside the humidor, a high-density urethane foam cradle will keep your cigars nestled properly inside the case at all times.
The Travel Humidor is climate controlled by a foam humidifier that is set into the lid and a small gasket that seals where the two halves of the case join together when closed. Use a few drops of PG Solution in order to charge the humidification unit and to maintain the travel case. The cigars should be kept at 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity.
This product is designed for smoking travelers and is meant for temporary usage.
Final Thoughts On Xikar Travel Humidor
Having benefits and downsides, the XIKAR Travel Humidor is worth buying. Present and future smokers should check this product out. The price ranges from $21.20 for a 5 cigar humidor to $99.99 for an 80 cigar humidor. They can be purchased online or in local cigar shops.
- The case is waterproof
- Once the humidor is charged, it can be used for an extended period of time without drying out
- It will not break when dropped
- Comes with a manufacturer’s lifetime guarantee locking clasp
- A Boveda humidifier pack is included, which continually responds to the changing conditions by adding or removing moisture to affect the enclosed environment
- There are options to how many cigars the product can hold and they come at an affordable price
- Custom labels may be added to so that you may personalize the product
- The humidor prevents the cigars from drying
- Being small, lightweight, and rectangular makes the humidor easy to pack
- The foam is too stiff when storing cigars with fragile wrappers
- The clasps are dovetail connected but sometimes pop off. They go right back on but it gives you the feeling that it will open and everything inside will fall out.
- If one tray is left empty, the cigars inside bounce around
- If packed in luggage, the clamps become pressure locked and may be difficult to open
Get Your Xikar Travel Humidor Today
It is one of the most highly rated travel humidors on the market.